(1) In the daily Panch Yagyas, Pitra Yagya is said to be special. It also includes tarpan and pind daan from time to time. Tarpan etc. should be done throughout the entire Pitru Paksha.
(2) No other auspicious work or new work or new work related to worship rituals is done during this period. Along with this, special rules of Shradh should be followed. But the daily karma and the daily worship of the deities which is already being done should not be stopped.
(3) Pitrupaksha is not a Sutak, but a special aspect of the worship of ancestors. Afternoon time is considered good for parental work. Because for the ancestors it is the time of lunch.
(4) Pinds are given to the ancestors by sitting on the sloping land facing south.
(5) The number of Brahmins should be odd in food etc. Like one, three etc. It is written in the Grihasutra that the brahmins who are called in Shradh should be pure and know the Vedas. It is also mentioned that the Vipra who eats the food of Shradh again on that day is born in the vagina of insects.
(6) According to Manusmriti, three Pinds should be made for father etc. In Parvan, three Pinds are also made for Matamah etc. The bodies should be bell shaped. After the Pind Daan, Brahmins should eat food.
(7) House sacrifice should be done after Shradh. On this occasion, there is a law to provide food to brothers and sisters and also to the people of the caste. It is good to feed cow's milk and milk products, kheer etc. at the time of Shradh.
(8) Pitri Lok and Pret Lok are parts of Bhuvarloka and the influence of Bhu-loka reaches them. In the dedication of the leftover food from the pind, over three generations i.e. the fourth, fifth and sixth generations can be exchanged and influence each other. These are called sapindas. The three generations above it can only receive the water of surrender. This is called a consonant. After ten generations are called sagotras. Tarpan or Pind Daan cannot have any effect on people above ten generations. Because in such a time a man can ordinarily be considered to have gone to heaven.